We keep getting massive bunches of celery in our CSA, and I can’t get through the supply with the way I usually eat celery - chopped in tuna salad. I resolved to find a way to use a lot at once and researched celery soup recipes. Most of them use potatoes for the texture, which I don’t usually eat due to their starchyness, but some of them use only cream, which I can typically substitute coconut milk for. I based my soup off this Cream of Celery recipe, and it came out really yummy. Now I’m no longer intimidated by celery in our CSA! My version of the recipe is below.
Creamy Celery Soup
- 1 head of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Small bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 quart of vegetable stock
- 100ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Coconut Oil
- In a large saucepan, heat coconut oil over low to medium heat.
- Add the celery, onion, and garlic, and sweat over a gentle heat until vegetables are soft (around 15 min).
- Add the chopped parsley and vegetable stock and season with the nutmeg and pepper.
- Simmer the soup for 15 minutes.
- Blend the vegetables in food processor and then add back into the pan.
- Add coconut milk and swirl to blend.
Yield: 3 Servings
Prep Time: 00:05
Cook time: 00:30