I will admit that bread often serves a valuable purpose - it is a convenient holding device for meats and veggies, like in burgers and wraps. However, bread is also made of grains and filled with carbs, which means it’s a holding device that does your body bad.
So, I’ve been searching for recipes to make holding devices out of alternative ingredients. I made the Almond Flour Tortilla Crepes a few weeks ago - which were yummy but pretty thick - and today I tried making this Flaxseed Tortilla recipe. I loved the result (I had to stop myself from gobbling them up straight off the pan), and I think they’re perfect for making lunchtime wraps. Here’s my version of the recipe:
A lightweight healthy wrap.
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- Onion Powder/Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Whisk eggs, almond flour, and flaxseed meal.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- Heat a nonstick pan (perhaps with some oil) on low.
- Pour part of mixture in until it fills the pan. It should be fairly thin.
- Heat on both sides until cooked through. Remove from heat and cool.
Yield: 3 Wraps
Prep Time: 00:05
Cook time: 00:10
- eggs-eggs-baby posted this